Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Beginning of Mom's visit

Life got more exciting once mom arrived!
Late one evening (the 31st of Jan to be exact!) me and Francesca greeted mom at Ajaccio airport at around 11.40pm.

First couple days gave us bad weather and a very exciting and terrifying incident with a…

SCORPION!!! Dun dun dun

We came home one night and there low and behold on my wall was a scorpion!

Photobucket

Ugly and gigantic we didn’t know quite what to do. We decided to keep our eye on it. Suddenly it was on the move but I was upon it with a shoe in the split of an eyelash! It didn’t stand a chance.

RIP Napoleon the Scorpion

Photobucket

This is the alley I take to get home next to the bakery I love

Photobucket

Weird and I suppose useful sign put up by workmen

Photobucket

On our way, one Wednesday up to Jardin for the view (why we would go up there when not necessary I don’t know but I thought it would be a nice walk) we found Maguy, a colleague from Sampiero (aka Monday school) and her adorable daughter Ella! We had a little chat with her, or I did and translated because of the French/English barrier we have encountered with nearly all of my teachers and mom and then we had a photo! Look at how cute Ella is!!

Photobucket

Before school on Thursday we went to the beach for the morning. Had a picnic took photos went exploring found lots and lots and lots and lots of shells and this interesting installations made by some Corsicans…

Photobucket

Photobucket

The beach!!

Photobucket

After work on Thursday we sat in Place de Gaulle watching the sunset and eating chocolate before my private lesson with Pierre.

Photobucket

Friday before school we went to the Grotte where we found this FABULOUS monument to Napoleon (one of few (…) in Ajaccio)

Photobucket

Then we walked around the gardens and here is mom with one of many Mimosa trees – one of her favourite

Photobucket

Stone wall of ferns

Photobucket

Then we walked to Jardin together. Here is a view of Ajaccio from the Belvedere by Jardin (it’s only winning quality)

Photobucket

Mom photographing a jack-in-the-pulpit

Photobucket

No comments: